McIntosh MR71 Tube Tuner, A Fine Example!
McIntosh is one of the most dependable brands when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years McIntosh has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music. McIntosh is probably best known for its amplifiers and preamps, but the company produced many other components and parts for stereo and home theatre over the decades.
The Mclntosh MR71 tube tuner is a precision-engineered, highly-sensitive FM Multiplex Tuner. The research staff of McIntosh developed five new tuner circuit improvements for the MR 71.
- Automatic stereo-mono switching that is "clickless" and completely electronic.
- Multipath indicator to eliminate multipath reception by showing when your antenna is rotated to the correct position for minimum distortion.
- Double tuned input circuits before the first R.F. amplifier.
- New D'Arsonval movement meters of increased sensitivity.
- A new filter to reduce noise from stations broadcasting subcarrier auxiliary music services. (No other tuner used such a filter in its day!)
Indeed this MR71 pulls in stations perfectly with little to no background "hiss." The whole package is in amazing condition, from the polished chrome chassis to the glass and aluminum faceplate to the gorgeous walnut casework. Once you have experienced this MR 71, you will understand why McIntosh products have earned their reputation among the finest components of their kind being produced anywhere in the world. This example is virtually spotless. A real collector's piece.
Demos are always encouraged in Lawrence, MA.
$1,199 (plus applicable shipping and/or MA sales tax)