McIntosh, MR-71 Tuner "VINTAGE GOLD"
McIntosh is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music. McIntosh is probably best known for its amplifiers and preamps, but the company produces many other components and parts for stereo and home theatre.
The Mclntosh MR 71 is a precision engineered, highly sensitive FM Multiplex Tuner. The research staff of Mclntosh Laboratory has developed five new tuner circuit improvements for the MR 71.
- 1. Automatic stereo-mono switching that is "clickless" and completely electronic. (Patent applied for.)
- 2. Multipath indicator to eliminate multi- path reception by showing when your anten- na is rotated to the correct position for mini- mum multipath distortion.
- 3. Double tuned input circuits before the first R.F. amplifier to reduce spurious re- sponses.
- 4. New D'Arsonval movement meters of increased sensitivity which do not need zero setting adjustments.
- 5. A new computer designed filter to re- duce noise from stations broadcasting sub- carrier auxiliary music services. No other tuner uses such a filter.
The finest possible reception of FM mono- phonic and FM multiplex stereophonic broad- casts is assured by the Mclntosh MR 71 tuner. Once you have enjoyed the outstanding performance of the MR 71, you will understand why McIntosh products have earned their reputation among the finest components of their kind being produced anywhere in the world.
So, this MR-71 is in amazing 9+ condition. It shows impeccably and performs as brilliantly as it looks. Virtually spotless. Clean pit-free chrome, strong Amperex tubes, clean and rich OE wood case - honestly, a tuner/piece you'd be proud to own. Add this to your vintage rig and you'll see how good FM reception can be.
Demos are always encouraged here at the Lawrence shop or purchase with confidence via this website.
McIntosh, MR-71 Tuner w/Original wood case: $1059+ applicable sales tax