Phase Linear Model 400 Series II, Audio Standard Amplifier - SOLD
In 1978 the Phase Linear, Model 400 Series Two was introduced. This model was new, inside and out. The owners manual gave a rated output of 210 watts per channel. More important were the improved specifications. The old-style VU meters were gone. In their place were two multi-LED output meters, shared with the 700 and D-500 Series Two amps. Output from each channel could now be controlled by a knob beneath each meter. Rack handles were now standard.
The 400 Series II, designed by world renowned Audio designer Bob Carver, is a high-powered audio amplifier designed to meet the rugged requirement demanded in professional applications, in which many of these were used for. Yet it retains the look and hi-resolution sonic quality that appealed to Hi-fidelity fanatic's world wide. It is a golden age classic, although that designation should in no way suggest it is outmoded. It performs to a level of fidelity that's rare even for the most advance, and expensive, contemporary amplifiers.
The 400 II has a seemingly limitless power reservoir, it powers out the entire audible frequency range with authority and grace. IT provides a stunning level of sonic detail and distortion levels are ultra low. Its timeless beauty and rock-solid construction is a reminder of craftsmanship from an era-gone-by.
High-Performance circuitry of the 400II utilizes 16 rugged 150-watt silicon power transistors providing a power handling capacity of 2400 watts!
- Power Output 210 watts minimum power per channel, RMS into 8 ohms from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz with no more that .09% Total Harmonic Distortion
- Continuous Power 260 watts per channel 8 ohms at 1000 Hz /360 watts per 4 ohms
- Typical Total Harmonic Distortion.009% at rated power into 8 ohms at 1 kHz 009% at rated power into 4 ohms at 1 kHz
- Intermodualtion Distortion: (60 Hz: 7 kHz = 4:1)less than .09% at rated power into 8 ohms
- Frequency Response12 Hz to 40 kHz +0-1 Db Signal-to-Noise Ratio110 dB (IHF Weighted)
- Residual Noise120 uV (IHF A-Weighted)
- Damping Factor1000:1 @ 1000 Hz
- Input Impedance33 k ohms minimum
- Input Sensitivity1.0 volts RMS for 210 watts at 8 ohms
- Speaker Impedance accepts 4 ohms to 16 ohms
- Slew Rate Better than 18V/uS
- Rise Time(Small Signal) Less than 4.0 Us
- Phase Shift0 degrees at 20 Hz -18 degrees at 20 kHz
- Power Consumption 1,200 watts (10 amps) maximum at rated output
- Dimensions19’ wide x 7’ high x 10’ deep
- Weight approx. 33 lbs. unpacked
The 400 Model II is one of the most iconic amplifiers ever produced. It was the PA amp of choice for Pink Floyd, Aerosmith and countless other live acts that demanded nothing but the most accurate, most bumpin & most narley amp in the industry. This particular Model 400 Series Two is the cleanest, best performing unit ever seen at this shop,... and we've had several. Absolutely NO DISAPPOINTMENTS here, it's a time capsule piece. Pair this with a set of JBL L112 (of which we have 2 sets) and the boogie factor is off the charts. This amp flat out ROCKS.
Come demo this outstanding piece of American Audio History at our Lawrence showroom or buy with confidence via this website.
Phase Linear, Model 400, Series Two, Audio Standard Power Amplifier: $749.00 plus applicable sales tax